The 68-hour Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing and Department of Social Services-approved programme for Assisted Living Facilities. The course instructs participants how to administer and assist residents in the assisted living environment with self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks and insulin injections. There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 48 hours of classroom training and 20 hours of Medication Management and Administration clinical training in various assisted living facilities.
The cost includes all classroom materials and 1 set of scrubs *For classes @ Breath of Fresh Air location only. Certificate will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon successful completion of the course.
Students will be eligible to apply to Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
Students will also receive a complimentary "4hr Medication Aide Refresher Class" within 60 days’ completion of the course as a review prior to taking their Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide competency test.
A certificate of completion from one of the following:
* Virginia Department of Social Services-approved 40hr Direct Patient Care programme
* Virginia Medicaid-approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
* Virginia Board of Nursing-approved Nurse Aide certificate
1) Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
2) Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police - $15
3) Wrist watch with a sweep second hand (inexpensive $10 to $20)
4) Black Shoes and Black Socks
** Must be vinyl or leather (leak-proof) and be closed top, toe and back
** No canvas or slip-ons, mules, clogs, lace-ups etc.
5) Virginia Board of Nursing Application ($50) and PSI Examination ($70) * Student Responsibility
10 days to accommodate 68 hours (usually 2 weeks)